Sunday, June 1, 2008

To Be or Not To Be A Trainee...

Ok. I have been too boiling mad for too long to update you on this fiasco. I missed passing my test for my trainee license by one question. I had challeged a question that did not have enough information for me to answer.

In the course of the investigation they determined that indeed that question was a question that was wrong on my final score, so therefore my request for them to take a look at the question was valid. The question was reviewed by the AQB and they deemed it was a valid question....for the appraiser license test. No necessarily the trainee test, but nevertheless, it could be answered and I missed it. (Huh? I was scratching my head on that one...)

So.....I need to retake the trainee test. But, not the one they have been giving me because it is too difficult and I cannot pass it with the required classes I have taken, to be able to pass it I need another 110 hours of appraisal schooling. (Remember, I just missed it by one...)

June 15 a new test will be implemented into the system and I will need to take that one. I should be able to pass it with the 90 hours of classes I have completed. Oh, and since they gave me the wrong test to begin with, they are looking into seeing if they can waive that $75 fee I have paid twice now. But they are doing this not only for me, but for everyone else who has failed the test also, 95% of the people who have taken it so far this year.

Am I wrong to have issues with this?

2 comments:

Tim Zank said...

Oh you are right to have issues with it alright. You are stuck in a bureaucratic maze of government regulatory bullshit.

These morons (the gubbermint) can't even give the correct test, so just think how well they'll do with our healthcare!!!

Betcha $75 you'll pay that exam fee again too...

Sorry about your frustrations, but hang in there, we need good appraisers!!

Bob G. said...

And remember the motto:
NO APPRAISER LEFT BEHIND...!

Hang in there!

;)

B.G.