Monday, April 9, 2007

Spring Break and Easter

 My goodness, there had to be two records this past week, the shortest spring break (hehehe) and the coldest spring break and Easter!  It really did seem like it flew by all too quickly, my boys spent part of it with their dad, but came home on Thursday and seemed very happy to be home. They did however come home with really bad colds and my daughter caught it from them within a day. 

Friday morning my son and I did some work for my stepdad at the barn to get ready to get the piers in (hard to think of summer when it was 27 degrees and snowing.)  We loaded all of the plastic caps and bumpers for the pier onto the trailer and brought them over to the house.  No matter how cold we were, the guys who installed the pier later in the afternoon were even more cold!!!  Can't wait for summer tho!

Friday afternoon my kids and sister and mom and I took a shopping trip over to Fort Wayne.  We had fun.  The kids got a few things and they were very happy.

The main point of this post is the fact that I have really worked on realligning my priorities in my life and I have made my kids my main focal point.  There will be plenty of time for my life later, but for now it needs to be about them.  We went out Saturday night and did the tokens and tickets thing then went over to Somethin' Funn again and did the go karts and laser tag.  Everyone had a blast and I was really proud of how all of my kids interacted with each other so well.  We are finally feeling like our own little family.  I know that sounds odd, but since the divorce, we have truly struggled with this, my oldest son is always very quick to point out we are not a "real" family, but he seems to get it now, two or more people living life together and loving and caring for each other's well being.

Oh, and along about Saturday, I got a sore throat, and its now progressing into a full-fledged cold....sigh.  Damn that global warming.

No comments: