Monday, June 15, 2009

Graduation, Hydrangeas, Open House and other things

Life has been crazy around here lately.

I survived the graduation thing. I only cried all day on graduation day. It was after all my baby girl!


I have been working on my yard and flower gardens. I purchased three hydrangea bushes at half price this weekend. I was so excited. I have wanted these hydrangea bushes every year for years. Now I have a special place for them and they are beautiful! They bloom all summer long and the best way to encourage blooming is to cut the flowers and bring them inside to enjoy so more blooms will come in. It is the little things that make me happy!!!

The graduation open house went very well too. It was a week of complete chaos and stress. I got it in my head that I wanted everything in my house in order too even though the party was at the clubhouse down by the lake. So I spent the week trying to work, juggle a kid in summer school and assign chores and tasks to each kid. In the end, not everything came together at the house the way I had hoped, but the party came together beautifully and the decorations were adorable.






So now I am finally seeing a light at the end of the tunnel and looking forward to some rest and relaxation.

I found a beautiful "lacey" crocheted hammock for my backyard now I am trying to find a stand for it.

One of the nicest flower shops in town has its annuals and perinials on sale for half price so I am guessing there will be some more floral purchases made this week and pictures posted here also.

My son took the puppy for her first swim in the lake yesterday. She liked it apparently.

Now I have to get her a life jacket so she can go on the jet ski with me.

My pomeranian I had before her used to ride the jet ski with me all of the time. I hope Macie will like it too.

I rearranged my bedroom so my bed is in front of my windows facing the backyard, I lay in bed and look out at the yard and can see my flowers and solar lights and hear the frogs. Last night there were lightning bugs all around the pond, the first I had seen this year.

And would you believe, I have not been out on the lake yet this year? Hmmm, I think its time I should do something about that!

No comments: