Thursday, July 26, 2007

One less thing I need a man for

The old me is slowly starting to return. I have not been me for several months, it seems back to back somewhat major surgeries can take a lot out of a person. I have pretty much been in hiding and staying away from the world. I am still not up to 100 percent, but I do see progress.

My daughter broke the belt on the vacuum cleaner a couple of weeks ago and I have worried and fretted ever since not quite sure how to fix it and unable to find the manual. She and I both have long hair and the bar had massive quantities of our hair wrapped around it as we both seem to shed a lot.

So I got out my tool bag and my handy dandy leatherman and the baggie of two sweeper belts and set to work....it took awhile, but i got it apart, removed the broken belt, cleaned out all of the icky stuff, cut the hair off of the bar thingy and got it all put back together. And..... it WORKS!

One less thing I need to have a man around for!

1 comment:

Bob G. said...

JR:
Shoulda comtacted ME on the belt thing...I do it all the time. it's what I call a "freebie fix",

But glad you got it sorted out.

B.G.