Thursday, April 24, 2008

The Big Day Finally

Wednesday, April 30.

I will drive to Fort Wayne to take the Indiana Appraiser Trainee Licensure Exam! Finally! It has taken literally weeks for the state to respond to my completion of the required education hours and exams and give me the "pass" to schedule this exam. I will spend any spare time I come across studying. Hopefully I will successfully pass it on my first attempt, but if not there is no shame in trying again.

As soon as I do pass this exam, then I get the highly coveted trainee license I have been seeking, thus allowing me to break free from the office and go along on home inspections. I am looking forward to getting back out and about.

The next couple of years are going to be tough, need to acquire another 120 hours of appraisal classes and I also have to obtain an associates degree in business management or something of similar relevance. Not to mention the mass amounts of appraisals that I have to complete 75% of in order to obtain my certified residential appraiser status.

The requirements to become an appraiser have gotten much more difficult, but I think we can all agree that there is definitely a reason why. I look forward to each and every challenge as I face it and the sense of accomplishment I am feeling upon completion of each step is a great feeling. I am hoping this sends a positive message to my kids also,

10 comments:

Tim Zank said...

Good Luck, I'm sure you'll pass with flying colors!!

JR - A Green Eyed Gurl.... said...

Thanks Tim! I have been overwhelmed to find out how much more difficult this whole venture has turned out to be. They just changed the exam, made it more difficult and its 6 1/2 hours long! I am a wreck! I also found out I am going to have to get an associates degree too, I had no idea, but I am not stopping now!

JR - A Green Eyed Gurl.... said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tim Zank said...

Well, How do you think you did??

JR - A Green Eyed Gurl.... said...

I failed. 89 and I needed 100. I cried most of the way home. I have it scheduled to take again Friday, May 16.

I have heard they are currently going through a "weeding out" process and 90 percent of the people taking it are failing. It is definitely way more difficult than I anticipated.

Tim Zank said...

Hang in there, study your backside off and pass that s.o.b. on the 16th!! We need good appraisors, trust me...you can do it!

Tim Zank said...

Just a suggestion!!

Take some time this weekend with the kids and do something fun, I have this nagging suspicion you are studying too much and your brain will need a break!

JR - A Green Eyed Gurl.... said...

You know me oh so well! Yes I am studying. We have plans Sunday to go to brunch and then plant flowers. I also have girls night out planned tomorrow night to go dancing and blow off some steam! All the rest of the time.....STUDY!!!!!!!

Tim Zank said...

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!

Tim Zank said...

Good Luck tomorrow!

And get a good nights sleep tonight!!