Thursday, April 24, 2008

SUSPENDED

I came home for lunch yesterday and got my mail. I had a letter from the Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicles. The nice little letter told me I would be eligible to get my driver's license reinstated in May for the incredibly low fee of $150! (if you read my previous post it won't surprise you to learn I have been battling with some high blood pressure issues lately)

I called the BMV in Indianapolis to find out what this was all about and they informed me that they suspended my license for lack of proof of insurance for a wreck I had in November. I informed them I didn't have a wreck in November I had one in December. Upon further investigation and retrieval of my accident report dated December 18, it turns out someone "keyed" it into the sytem for November 18, thus making my date of insurance inaccurate. I am sure you can guess how many phone calls and faxes and aspirins later it was before I had cleared my license....

Now this is where it gets even better. They suspended me at the end of December with no notification. I renewed my license plate in March with my driver's license for identification. Not a word about it being suspended. I took my daughter in to take her written exam twice and driving exam twice - each time I had to present my driver's license and registration, as the responsible custodial parent I had to have a "valid" license in order for her to get hers. Again, no mention of a suspension. Then two weeks ago I took my son in to get his learner's permit, once again presenting my license and registration as the responsible adult for him. Again, no mention of a suspension!!!

WTF!!!! If i had been pulled over for any type of traffic violation or incurred any incident, I could have gone straight to jail.

2 comments:

Michael said...

Blood pressure is pretentious by a number of factors. These include the strong point of your heart, blood vessels' order and the kidneys' fitness. A person who movements regularly, most often has a healthy heart that can drive more blood with each drive and will not need to beat as often in order to keep a normal blood pressure.High Blood pressure also depends upon the artery. Hardened and narrowed arteries caused by old age or a high fat diet can make it harder for the blood to flow, causing the blood pressure to rise. When the arteries begin to stop up, the heart is then subjected to harder work. The kidneys' health also affects blood force. Because the kidneys functions to maintain water and salt volume in the body, if the kidney retains too much water and salt then the blood pressure will also boost.
------
http://www.alistrol.com/

Bob G. said...

Welcome to the "Wonderful World of Beauracracy", where Indiana seems to be (very) near the top of the list!

I'd find me some ambulance-chasing lawyer and nail their collective arses to whatever wall was appropriate for the venue.

What a clusterf$ck!
(pardon my French)

But that's just "me".

;)

B.G.