Friday, May 8, 2009

I am ready for some Weekend!

I am so glad its the weekend. On the agenda is yardwork. This is the year I have decided to build some flower gardens.

If you remember, when I first moved in this house I tore out seven garden boxes. But they were just plain ugly.

I have come to the realization that I am no longer married and my husband can no longer spray round-up on all of my flowers. After a couple years of him doing that I lost all interest in have pretty flowers and a pretty yard. Well its a new life now. I am slowly learning this.

My son and stepdad got some rocks from one of the farms for me, and I am building a little "retainining wall" of rocks around my flagpole in my front yard to fill in with dirt and plant flowers. I am also building another bed like that out between my two trees by the pond. And fixing up the one in front of the deck.

A couple of weeks ago a local contractor was working on a neighbor's septic and had a dump truck of fill dirt he was using for their job. He only needed a couple of buckets of the dirt for the job and I bought the rest of the load from him for $20. That was my big event of the weekend, who knew dirt could make me so happy?

It is going to take more dirt, probably another load of fill dirt and then top soil too. But I am game for all of this.

A new Menard's store just opened in town last week and man do I love going there. I am really hooked on solar lights. I got some really pretty ones that look like small gazing balls, blue and white and the lights at night change white, red, blue and green. They are sooooo cool! We also bought a portable fire pit and have had a couple of fires this past week. Now we added some adirondak chairs for relaxing around the fire by the pond. Next thing I want is a hammock.

I will post pictures from before, during and in progress as it all blooms and grows this summer. I am truly looking forward to enjoying my yard and flowers this year.

2 comments:

Sheri said...

Sounds like a plan. I am going to have to come take a nap in the hammock!

Bob G. said...

OK, I'm gonna want to see some pictures of this marvelous undertaking, 'K?