Thursday, May 14, 2009

The beginning stages...

Just a pretty flower for your enjoyment!


This post is going to be all about my landscaping projects for the yard. Pictured above is one of my helper's...

Tuesday afternoon I received another load of fill dirt, this one was free and came from a good family friend who is closer to my ex husband than he is to me. My oldest son called him and asked him how much it would be to get 3-4 yds of fill dirt and he said he would just bring us some. It truly made me cry...but that's the sentimental me... I cried because I was pleasantly surprised that he would be willing to do something like that for me.

My son cut down the tree that was dying in front of my living room/office window and we decided to put the swing there. I have already enjoyed several evenings sitting out in my swing. You may also recognize this area as the area where the gourd that took over our house was growing a couple of years ago. This is the new flower bed out in front around our flagpole. The flowers took a beating in last night's storms, but with some tlc I think they will snap out of it and be beautiful in a few weeks.

I planted some wildflower seeds here the other night. It will be interesting to see how they do.


This is the pond in my backyard. We are going to start putting some chemicals in and scraping algae off the top and see if we can get it cleaned up and looking pretty. It doesn't freeze solid in the winter because it has a fresh spring running through it, so I am thinking of raising some Coi (Koi?) (Goldfish) and see what happens.



This is the flower bed in front of my deck, it needs a makeover, don't you think? Watch this space for upcoming improvements! Actually, I think this bed will be a hodge podge of flowers as my youngest son has planted some seeds and picked out some flowers that aren't exactly to my liking, but he is very excited about helping me with these flower beds....

This is another new bed we are building. I always wanted a hammock between these two trees but they are too far apart, but I am still planning on purchasing a hammock with a stand, and it will be located somewhere nearby! My parents gave me their old birdbath this past weekend, it needs some paint....I am thinking of putting a gazing ball in the middle of it but haven't decided yet. I am also going to be needing some birdfeeders.


This area in front of my bedroom windows and beside the deck probably won't get developed this year (Budget you know!) But I am thinking of a water garden and lilac bushes outside my bedroom windows! I saw some with little waterfalls so I would hear the trickling water all night, I think that would be very soothing.
This is the portable firepit and adirondak chairs and footstools we got for our evening fires. We have already had a few fires in the sideyard but will be moving to the backyard near the pond very soon. Oh so relaxing!
These are the very way cool solar lights I got at Menards. They change from red to blue to green when they are on. I have four of them and I am planning on placing them in the garden with the birdbath.
So yes, I have a lot of work to do, hopefully late this summer my after pictures will be beautiful!

2 comments:

ms nk rey said...

Your yard is beautiful. I think the fountain waterfall idea is fantastic. It would be very soothing. Keep up the good word. It is lovely. You have a knack for garden design.

Bob G. said...

GRG:
That yard is truly a blessing...enjoy it. it looks FANTASTIC!