Tuesday, September 4, 2007

New Job

I started the new job on Tuesday. I only worked until one and then I had an appointment with the surgeon later on. He strongly suggested that we at least try to drain fluid from my stomach again, each time is a higher risk of infection. I asked if we could ride it out a bit longer and see what happens. This man is so inconsiderate of time, I waited 1 1/2 hours to see him. By the time he got to me I was a borderline basket case. My kids were home alone and I was very hot and cranky. I am not at all impressed with him.

Today I worked a full day. I am training as a temp for the switchboard. Its a great gig, you walk away at 4:30 and leave the day behind. But in the course of the day I am trying to track down any one of at least 400 people, not including out of building, international and production, that brings the total to at least 1200. This poor gentleman called in from India and was incredibly difficult to understand, I could not find any listing anywhere for the person he was calling for, he was even spelling the name. Later, after I told him I was unable to help him, I found the name of the person he was looking for, he was spelling the first name, not the last... You live you learn. I have this mental block against paging people. Tomorrow I will overcome that!

I think half of my neighbors work at this same company....I have never gotten around to meeting all of my neighbors, but I have met several in the last two days. Unfortunately, I don't know how I will ever learn the names of all of these people. Could be fun!

No comments: