Saturday, February 2, 2008

A day in court....



Yesterday was my day in court. I filed paperwork for a provisional modification and support increase. We were scheduled to appear before the judge at 9:30. We got lots of snow yesterday and school was cancelled. It was rather treacherous on the drive in to Warsaw to the Justice Building, but I was there early as instructed by my attorney so we could meet in advance.

My attorney acknowledged my arrival, told me to have a seat in the waiting area and she would come and get me in a few. A little later she poked her head out and asked if my ex husband was there....no he wasn't. His attorney came out looking for him, asked me if I had seen him and I said no, he said, "you've got to be kidding me." and disappeared.

He kept coming out and looking for him as our court time came and went....my attorney didn't even bother to come out and meet with me......

They called my ex. He didn't answer.

At 11, my attorney came out and said she and my ex's attorney had met with the judge and he said he was willing to give us a hearing date for this that it is definitely in order to review the arrangements and he will see us March 17.

So, I waste two hours......and my ex doesn't even get a slap on the hand? He didn't show up because he is behind in support.......

No comments: