Sunday, February 24, 2008

TV Shopping

Yesterday I went to Fort Wayne to do some tv shopping. I have been researching, asking questions and looking online, yesterday was the day I needed to see the differences up close and personal.

I even put a lot of thought into the fact that I was going shopping and planning on making a fairly large purchase that would be around our home for many years to come. One of the first steps in my thought process was to look like a serious buyer. I took the time to do my hair and makeup and dress nice. I wanted to look as if I had the money to spend. Ok - mission accomplished.

I started out at Best Buy, was quite overwhelmed and ready to walk out when I was asked if I had been helped, I said no and the gentleman got another gentleman over to help me right away. He was very nice and professional and honestly quite helpful. I told him I was just beginning this process and had more stops to make.

I went to Wal-Mart and Meijer just so I would have them on the list for the sake of argument. Then I went to Circuit City and really didn't find much help there. I decided to take a break and ventured out around DuPont to find exactly where I would be taking my exam on Tuesday evening, I didn't want to be any more nervous and upset than I already am come Tuesday!

So then I thought I would stop in at Stucky's. Big. Mistake. The gentleman greeted me and offered to help me. I decided to play down what I already knew to see if he would back up what I have already learned. Halfway thru he suggest that I let my husband help make this decision. I informed him that I was not married. But that didn't stop him. He asked if I had a boyfriend or friend that could help me with this decision. WOW.

I informed him that I was quite capable of making this decision and that actually he had just helped me make a huge decision. I told him I was now certain that I would not be buying a television, or any other appliance from that store, EVER. And I walked out.

When I told my mom this story, her response was that as long as we don't vote Hillary in as president, men will never change and will always think all women are stupid..... (Hmmmm, interesting point mom, not one I am even going to discuss with you, but interesting...)

When I told my sister, she is going to go in on the pretense of buying a big azz flat screen and take it down to the last minute of finalizing the deal and then saying, oh, wait a minute, this is the store my sister told me about, the store where men think women are stupid and unable to make such an important decision by theirself, and walk out. We are evil like that - lol

I do realize I have made this into a bigger deal than it needs to be, but I just want to be comfortable with the decision that I make.

No comments: