Tuesday, February 12, 2008

A trip into heck.....

I took off work a half hour early today and went home and got the kittens. They are getting declawed and fixed tomorrow. I could have taken them in to the vet tomorrow morning, but they weren't allowed to eat or drink after 6 tonight and I had no clue how I would be able to keep them out of food and water overnight. They are tricky ones I tell you!

So anyhow, I got home and Mikey was hiding. It was snowing hard and the roads were bad. I finally got on the road and had less than 20 minutes to make it into Warsaw. On a good day - no problem - on a snowy day....that's pushing it.

I didn't get the pet carrier all the way shut - the kittens escaped into the vehicle and were all over the place while i was trying to drive on bad roads. I had to call my daughter and have her call the vet's office and tell them I was on my way but might be a couple of minutes late. Mikey lays down on the dash in front of me.....I push him off. My daughter calls back and can't find the number.....Maggie crawls under the driver's seat from the back and jumps into my lap.....

I turn the corner in front of my ex who is coming to get the boys and slide and fishtail towards him.......can you imagine if I would have hit him?

Its getting close to 4:30 and I am pretty sure I am going to be closer to 10 minutes late and am thinking the vet's office is going to close....

My daughter calls back, just before I have a heart attack because of the stress level and informs me the vet doesn't close until 5.

I get there and the gal in there informs me that she always tells people that on the phone so that she can always get off work at 5......

1 comment:

ScLoHo (Scott Howard) said...

We have two cats and they fear going in the car 'cause it almost always means a trip to the vet.