Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Make Everyday Safe, not just Halloween

Editor's Note: I have moved these two posts to the top of my blog just to remind everyone to keep our children safe not only this Halloween, but every day.


As parents, we do all that we can do keep our kids safe. Sometimes we like to think ignorance is bliss, but not always. And some things there is just no reason to not be aware of. Be very aware of your neighborhood and surroundings. People who live in your neighborhood who come into contact with your children. You would be amazed at the travels of a child in the course of a half hour or so within your own neighborhood on a bicycle with friends.

I am fortunate to live in a great neighborhood. And I am stunned sometimes when neighbors tell me of conversations or incidents they have had with my children. This is why I have a link to the sex offender registry here on my website. I check it often and I am on the list to have alerts sent to me if an offender should happen to move into my neighborhood. This is an area we need to always be on the alert for the sake of our children.

This Halloween, local enforcement agencies are helping to protect our children from predators, unfortunately, this program is only for the predators who have been caught and we are already aware of, as parents, we still need to exercise caution and make sure to accompany our children as they venture out for an evening or Halloween fun and gathering treats.

I encourage you to add the sex offender registry to your favorites list or blog and stay aware of your surroundings. Be safe this Halloween and every day and keep your children safe too!

No comments: