Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Women Getting Very Emotional

This article was sent to me yesterday regarding women and politics. A year ago, my mother and I were not able to have a political discussion. We were on opposite sides you see, and her justification for wanting to see Hillary as the next president was only because she was a woman. And when trying to reason with her, she would resort to discussing the war and crying. (Emotional) It came to be we just disagreed and didn't discuss it.

As you know, I had very little respect for Hillary as a woman, it was simple, she let me and women everywhere down when she stayed with Bill during the Monica orderal. Hillary is a strong powerful woman who can make it with or without him and she should have taken that stance for women everywhere. (Emotional)

Actually, when it came down to McCain vs Obama, I was very disheartened. I was going to vote for the lesser of two evils and remain loyal to my convictions. (Unhappy emotions)

Enter Sarah Palin. She struck a chord with me. At first it was indeed and perhaps still is, emotional. I still strongly say....she is living life in full color. I have a son who may choose to enter into the service of our country....she gets that, she understands. I have a 17 yr old daughter, she gets that, she understands. I am trying to live on a budget that goes less and less far each week. She gets that, she understands. I get that and I understand that she is the most down to earth candidate we have ever seen, she can relate to the largest majority of Americans. She will bring a different point of view and insight to the table and I believe it is exactly what America needs right now.

As for the mother daughter rift that was taking place within my family. My mother is terrified of the idea of Obama as president. She is changing tickets this year. My daughter is telling me now that the Book of Revelation has frightened her of her democratic proclamation she made earlier....she is now for the McCain-Palin ticket, if only she were old enough to vote! (Don't pounce on me, that last comment was made in fun, she has yet to truly figure out her political beliefs, all I want her to do is to research, listen and decide for herself.)

3 comments:

Mc Allen said...

yay, lets hpe the rest of the country is starting to feel the same sentiment!! What an insightful post!! Thank you for sharing this... Leah

Anonymous said...

Excellent post....we are of like minds.

Bob G. said...

Ditto here...
(Revelation not withstanding...I used to teach it)

B.G.