Friday, January 9, 2009

Finally

Well finally, things are starting to resemble a routine around here. The kids were off from school on Monday also, so it was one more day of chaos. But it was a day where I was able to bribe them to take down the other Christmas tree and return all of the decorations back to the basement. (My son wanted to go see his girlfriend and wanted his sister to drive him into town.) It was amazing all of the work they got done around the house for me in one hour! My daughter is grounded, so she was happy to get out of the house and chauffer her brother around.

My daughter's vehicle is back in working order. The computer board had to be replaced and the carpet shampooed. Her dad fixed her car for her and in the process made great strides towards repairing their broken relationship. He bought her a new set of tires for her vehicle also. She went and visited with him a couple of times over Christmas break, his girlfriend and her son were out of town so it made it easy for my daughter to spend some time with her dad.

The overall body damages that tonka suffered in its trip into the creek exceed $2200. The passenger side doors are difficult to close, but something she can deal with unless she manages to collect damages from the "boyfriend". I know she still has a thing for him, but presently he is sitting in jail and I am hoping she will meet someone new and get over this thing with trouble.

Work has been extremely busy and I am taking another appraisal class and working towards getting into some online classes through Ball State. I spend most of my time in my office, thank goodness its at home so I can still spend time with my family. I have been working long hours this week and getting up in the middle of the night and working too.

This evening I am going to slack off and spend some time with the kids watching movies and having a fire in the fireplace.

1 comment:

The Jarrett Family said...

Hi, thanks for the comments on my blog. We think she's pretty special! I just figured it all out recently! I actually mentioned to him today in class the connection! Hopefully he has a good experience in my class and doesn't think I"m too mean! I'm still adjusting to being back at school dealing with teenagers! Let me know if he has any problems in my class!