Thursday, January 1, 2009

A new addition to our family



We have a new addition to our family. We have a black pomeranian puppy. She "officially" joined our family on Christmas Eve as a big surprise to my youngest son at least. In reality she had been hiding in my bathtub for a week prior with me sneaking her out to potty when the kids were in their rooms or sleeping or not home or whatever. Surprisingly enough they were gone a lot during the days before Christmas so she got to start her potty training and get out and play with the cats too.
My daughter went with me to pick her out, so she knew and helped me with the secret. My oldest son figured out something was up because all of my daughter's friends were coming over and they were all going to the bathroom in my room together. And then forgetting to use the bathroom and running to one of the other ones shortly after a trip into my room for that purpose. We finally clued him in the day before Christmas Eve. But my youngest son was completely surprised and elated.
She is a good dog with a fun personality. I have only heard her bark twice so far. She whines sometimes and she growls when playing with the cats and some of her toys. She won't get over 5 lbs. when full grown making all of the cats bigger than her, but she thinks she is a big bad dog and just goes into any situation with no fear at all. Totally adorable. The pictures were taken of her when she was helping me at work the other day.

1 comment:

AWB said...

I have a mouse trap if you need one :)
Cute.