Monday, December 24, 2007

Merry Christmas Eve


So here it is, 5:30 Christmas Eve morning. I zonked out around midnight and am starting again this morning, I have been up for about an hour now wrapping presents. Man the money just didn't go as far this year. I always fret and worry at this point every year that good enough just isn't good enough.....but by the end of the day tomorrow, as the kids go thru their stacks of stuff they won't even remember who got them what.
However, I really did scale back this year. And I also am realizing that Christmases are going to start changing drastically, so I am absorbing as much quality time as I can with the kids now. My oldest one wants to graduate early next year and then head off to college. I need to grab all of the time I can get now.
I blogged last week about our date night. We had a great time. We have had a couple of baking nights and this year we did all of the decorating together. Last night we drove into town, got some hot chocolate and drove around and looked at Christmas displays. There is a house in Winona Lake that the lights are synchronized to music so we looked at that for quite a while. Of course for the boys, I had to top off their night with a stop at McDonald's for a "snack". I really am trying to absorb as much time with these kids as I can.
Tonight the family is coming to our house for dinner so I have been busy preparing for that, today will be one long day. I already have my bottle of Asti chilling for as soon as my parents leave tonight! I am 43 years old and still won't drink in front of my parents, but then again, neither will my sister!
Here's to wishing all of you a very Merry Christmas with peace, joy and comfort filling your days!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas to you as well! I know they all grow up so fast.