Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Still alive and kicking


I am back and alive and well. I have been laying low for awhile, reflecting and recollecting and getting back on track.


I had some tests done at the hospital today and it appears that I am doing fine after my surgeries in the past year. I still have a large abdominal mass that we are hoping will go away in time, for now its just embarassing and uncomfortable. But otherwise all is well.


I have been working as a full time temp at a local orthopaedic company, but now I am just part time with a day or two here and there as needed. Its good, the job came at the right time to get me back out in the world where I needed to be.


Another opportunity has come to me to join the family business. It is real estate related and something I tried over 20 years ago that just didn't work for me. Sometimes opportunity knocks twice, and it did for me. I am working with my mother and sister and learning the biz. Its a slow market right now, with enough biz to keep us busy, and allow me to get the training, schooling and licenses that I need in order to be at the right place at the right time. This time around, I am truly enjoying the work and I "get it" - 20 years ago when i was "young, dumb and stupid" it just wasn't for me. Amazing, sometimes we do grow up!


The kids are good, the cat and kittens are good, the house is decorated for Christmas and yes I said CHRISTMAS and not Holidays.....however, the shopping? I haven't started! All is well and normal here. And how are you?

1 comment:

Sheri said...

Great to see you back! Glad things are going well for you and congrats on the new business venture.
Merry Christmas!
Sheri