Sunday, September 21, 2008

What a weekend......

This was my weekend to have the boys. We have been busy all weekend, working around the yard, house and on the vehicles. My oldest son waxed both of the cars and has been mowing and tinkering around and having a great time.

This morning we all went to church together. As we were all standing together in the pew and I looked down the row, me and my kids and my daughter's boyfriend - I smiled. I smiled with pride at how beautiful they all are. How much I love them. What they mean to me. What we have been through together and where we are now.

I offered up a word of thanks during the praise and worship time. Then the tears came again.....this time the fear of losing part of my family. The great sadness that someone is trying so hard to destroy what we have become. This is all just killing me.

I hate all of this. How it is all making me weak. How one person can be so selfish to only look at the bottom dollar and not see what he is doing to his kids.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Think back to when you were looking down that pew and you felt that sense of calm, pride, and love. That feeling and God's love will make you stronger than you ever believed was possible, no matter what shenanigans your ex pulls. Kids have a remarkable way of seeing through the crap, not always right away, but they always do eventually. Hang in there!