Thursday, March 22, 2007

Birthdays kinda, sorta, suck...

Ok. It's over. I survived.

My youngest thought the 29? meant that I was two hundred and ninety some years old, he suggested next year we get 30? candles.

My mother told my kids that what they wanted to get me (a new mailbox)for my birthday was too expensive. (I could care less, but it really upset my daughter, when my kids hurt, I hurt)

My parents discovered an old mailbox that is perfectly good for my use, I can cover their last name with reflective tape so no one will hit it and it will be a perfectly fine gift for me.

My mother informed my daughter that we no longer do family dinners for birthdays because there are just too many of us. (We all got together for my stepsister's b-day in January...)

I am always required to provide birthday cards to all family members on their birthdays, not only from myself, but individually from my kids also. I got no cards from any family members...I did however receive well wishing phone calls.

Same well wishing phone call from my sister turned into an attack on me about my overall parenting skills which resulted with me in tears for a bit.

Phone call this morning explained she ran out of thyroid pills and I simply crossed her path on the wrong day....so all is well????

On the bright side I had a wonderful evening with my three kids, my son cooked steak and chicken breast on the grill and the four of us had a great family night. We planned a night of bowling for this Friday in honor of my two hundred and ninety some birthday.

I have my kids, and all is well. Apparently my birthday just hit at the wrong time of the month, day, year or whatever for the rest of my family.

See Coffee and One4JC, its not just your family!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL! As I was reading that I thought, "Hey are we related!?"
Happy Birthday.

one4JC said...

I was thinking maybe a distant cousin we don't know about....

Happy Birthday belated I guess!