Friday, March 2, 2007

Country Cares For Kids


Today is the second and last day for the WBTU 17th annual radiothon for the St. Jude's Children's Hospital in Indianapolis. Several years ago I was listening to the radiothon and was reduced to tears. I became a partner in hope in honor of my healthy children.


The following summer my cousin's daughter was diagnosed with leukemia. She directly benefited from the research work done at St. Jude's through Riley's Children's Hospital in Indianapolis. The little girl fully recovered from her leukemia. Something I would not have been able to tell you several years ago.


One of the happiest days was when my cousin's daughter and my daughter, who are the same age, played as opponents in a basketball game. The girls had the opening tip off and to see the two of them healthy and happy enjoying a good rivalry game of basketball had each and every one of us adult family members in tears in the stands.


St. Jude has ever since been my passion. The years that I worked for WBTU found me doing everything that I could to make the annual radioathon a success. It not only benefits the children who are there who are very ill, but the research that is completed touches each and every one of us in our lives, somehow, someway. Do what you can to help!


WBTU/St. Jude Radioathon


No comments: