Saturday, March 31, 2007

Oh My Goodness


Today was the day I have dreaded since the day I gave birth to my first child. Today my daughter got her learner's permit. Sigh. We went to the license branch with all of the paperwork and got thru the line pretty quickly, and before we were done checking in a girl already had her paperwork and was processing it before my daughter completed the eye test. So we were in and out of there in about ten minutes on the 31st!!! Have I mentioned how much I appreciate our license branch?


So then we went to breakfast and she argued with me that she is ready to drive me everywhere. I argued with her that she has not had enough practice yet and she has not done the driving portion with her driver's ed instructor. My words were, "You do not know what you do not know yet!"


I finally took her on the backroads and let her drive all the way home from town on the backroads. She did not do too bad. I was still quite nervous and basically a little sick to the stomach by the time we got home....nerves and all! But we survived, and the best part was when she started giggling and said she can't believe she is driving! These are the precious times I get to spend with my kids that are going to be fewer and further between as I have to let go and let them grow up more and more.

2 comments:

Dan Turkette said...

I feel your pain kiddo. George took my truck to the mall today and I was beside myself until he actually left. Then I said to myself "hell, nothing I can do now" and just got over it. :)

Unknown said...

Hmm.
I'll take serious notes from the both of you because I will face this sooner than I think.