Sunday, June 17, 2007

Father's Day



So this is it, today is Father's Day. I hope all of you dads out there had a great day. I personally had one of the best Father's Day ever.

I got a text message on Thursday from my ex husband stating that he didn't want the kids this weekend because he had plans. If I wanted, I could take them to his mom's for the weekend. I responded that I would keep them with me.

The whole weekend was good, but today was great! We got up early this morning and went over to my mom's house, we all pitched in and made breakfast. I took fresh fruit, blueberries, grapes, strawberries, pineapple, cherries and melon.

After breakfast we all went out on the pontoon and went for a ride around the lake. Then my 8 year old wanted to show us all how well he can ski. He is quite the little showoff, crossing the wake, jumping waves, singing songs and watching and waving at other skiers. What a clown!

Once we all started to get a little crispy around the edges in all that sunshine, we came in and my sister and her husband and my kids all went out on the jet skis. I slept in the hammock. I am just not up to jet skis yet and its killing me!

This evening we went into town to "Something Funn" and the kids raced the go carts. They had a blast. I am sorry their dad chooses to miss out on days like this, but I will take all of them that I can get.

Happy Father's Day!

No comments: