Saturday, June 30, 2007

Home from camp, safe and sound

My daughter made it back yesterday morning and I picked up my boys today. Everyone is safe and sound and all is well. I cried when the buses turned into the church lot heralding the arrival of my daughter. I got the tears in check, then she got off the bus and I started crying again. I missed her!

This morning I picked up my boys and as they came meandering along the sidewalk, the waterworks started again. I am just a sentimental fool.

This actually turned out to be a great week for them all to be at camp, as it happened, I had yet another medical procedure done on Wednesday after the youngest one left, and although the results were good, I ended up in a lot of pain and needed alone time. I snuck away to my sis's cottage at Wawasee and got a lot of quiet time and now the houligans are back and running me ragged!

We went to the Mermaid Festival Parade this afternoon and it really was quite a nice parade. Very long too....but nice. We MAY slip into Warsaw tonight and enjoy the Winona Lake fireworks, but then again, a nice lemonade out on the deck sounds mighty inviting too.

No comments: