Monday, June 11, 2007

Summer is close by



School ended for the summer last week. The boys spent a long weekend with their dad, and now they are back with me until this Friday when they go for Father's Day weekend and then all of next week. Today will be the worst day for them as everyone has to clean and organize their bedrooms and other areas of the house. For the boys that includes their "special areas" in the basement.

The youngest one has a large area with multi-colored mats and storage cabinets where we try very hard to keep all of his toys. Today we will be moving their computer down there and setting up a little study corner too.

My oldest son has a workshop corner with the "industrial gray" mats and many storage cabinets and workbench and a lot of his tools. He has an electric scooter in pieces and parts all across the workbench. I think after a year its time to either repair it or pitch it.

They also have a game area with the fooseball and air hockey table and dart board. I would like to move the leather couch down sometime before fall along with the tv in my bedroom and hook up their play station down there, maybe carpet that area so they can be more inclined to spend rainy days and winter evenings in their own little corner of the world. (Hey a mom can dream, can't she?)

They also have most of the games on shelves and two "retired" kitchen tables for their use, heck, the more I think about it, maybe I should move to the basement! Well that is after my youngest son organizes his toys again.

So anyhow, today shall be a day of sorting and organizing. My oldest son is also going to need to straighten up the garage, with his lawn mowing business he has going he has pretty much crowded me out of the garage, I can still get my vehicle in there, but its getting to be a tight squeeze. I suspect this week's trash cans will be overflowing, but that's good!

I am sure we will take a break this afternoon and head down to the beach for a bit, we all need some sunshine you know! My kids and myself too, are anxiously awaiting my full (or almost full) recovery so we can start riding the jet skis. But quite honestly, that would at this time be an excruciately painful adventure for me until I heal a bit more.

My daughter's room is her own monster to deal with, teenage girls and their "stuff"! She also has promised to finish helping my mom clean out her kitchen cupboards. Well as you can see, we all have a busy day ahead and I need to go roll the two oldest troops out of bed and get them started on their glorious day!

No comments: