Friday, March 21, 2008

Birthdays



Birthdays.

They come.

And they go.

My middle son wrote me the neatest letter and gave it to me this morning. It made me cry, but I will cherish it forever. My youngest sang to me and my daughter texted me from school when she remembered.

My parents said they would acknowledge my birthday this Sunday when we are all together for Easter. Last year I was told we don't celebrate the adult birthdays anymore and we went thru the entire year celebrating everyone's birthday after that and also my brother in law's and step sister's this year, but once again, we are no longer celebrating the adult birthdays. hmmm. Ok. Fine. I am taking my kids to the movies tomorrow night for my birthday.

Funny the people you count as friends, family and acquaintances. People you go out of your way to do something nice for on their special day or any other day for that matter. And the people who remember your special day. The one's you expect to hear something from, and you don't. People that you do hear from that you never expected to hear from. It all plays out to be quite interesting.

I got a phone call from my ex-husband's grandmother. She left me a message and it was so sweet it made me cry. She said she still loves me and would love to see me and the kids. I didn't realize my ex doesn't take the boys to see her. I am going to take the kids and take her out to dinner with us one evening. She is a wonderful lady.

My dad didn't acknowledge me for what the 20th year now? Sigh. Oh well, its just another day I guess. I am not going to change my ways, I will continue to acknowledge other people's birthdays the same as I always have and learn to keep my expectations of others to a minimum.

No comments: