Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Railroad Crossings


Today was the day! The day I took my 16 yr old daughter to the beloved BMV for her driving test. I picked her up at school and took her to her scheduled appointment. All the way there she kept telling me how nervous she was. Last night we practiced parallel parking several times, her worst fear.
So she leaves with the examiner and I sit in the lobby with my Basic Appraisal Procedures book and highlight what I think I need to know for my upcoming exam.
Twenty minutes later the examiner comes in sans my daughter and asks if I am her mom. Immediately I am concerned. She tells me my daughter did excellent except for one thing. She had to stop for a traffic light near a railroad crossing and she stopped underneath the crossing arms. Everything else was perfect, but she had to fail her for that. Sigh. We rescheduled her next driving appointment for two weeks from now and I go out to a very upset daughter. She is sobbing her eyes out. I felt so bad for her.
The bright side, the examiner said she doesn't have to redo the parallel parking because she did it perfect the first time.

1 comment:

Turner Publishing said...

I’m going around to all the Fort Wayne bloggers to let them know about our new book, the Historic Photos of Fort Wayne by Scott Bushnell. We’d love to send you a complimentary copy for possible review consideration on your blog. The title is done in a large format, 10x10 and all images used are culled from several archives that represent rare or never before seen photos of Fort Wayne. We’re trying to get the word out to local folks, so I hope you don’t mind me dropping you a line to let you know about our book!

He has two upcoming signings: Coldwater Road Barnes & Noble on June 7th from 1-3pm and the next week, the day before Father's Day, at Hyde Brothers Booksellers on June 14th at 6pm.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Best,
Rachel Joiner.
Marketing Manager
Turner Publishing
rjoiner@turnerpublishing.com