Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Dell Dot Com


I could not have gotten service like this anywhere even if I paid an extra 100 bucks!!!


A week ago, Monday night, at around 8 p.m. I placed an order online at Dell for a power cord for my old laptop so that my son could use it. I selected standard 3-5 day delivery as I really was in no rush to turn my son loose on the internet.


Tuesday morning when I checked my email, I had one from Dell stating that my order had shipped and would come via DHL in 3-5 days.


I came home for lunch at noon on Tuesday and I saw a DHL van turn into my neighborhood, I thought nothing of it and went back to doing laundry, a few minutes later my doorbell rang and believe it or not, the power cord was delivered into my hands at 12:15 on Tuesday.


I am talking a little over 16 hours later from when I placed the order. I was truly amazed. Now if it had been something I was truly in a rush for it would have been a completely different story.
I dunno, maybe it was just because I was able to make a decision.....

No comments: