Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Life Is Good

This past week has been good. A few minor glitches here and there along the way, but all in all it has been good. Quite honestly I dreaded Christmas very much this year. I did find perspective and what truly mattered and once I was able to focus on that I was able to be content. I do honestly have to say it just never seemed like it was really Christmas. Odd. But yet there were pleasant times shared with the ones who truly matter in my life and wonderful memories made.


Not all went as planned, I didn't want my kids to be apart from each other on Christmas morning, but my ex never got around to inviting my daughter to spend it with them, just the fact that she had to wait for an invitation from him should tell you most of the story...but she and I had some quality time together. She is a wonderful kid, and at this point, I pretty much get her all to myself, I don't think she will let him close enough again to ever hurt her like that. Can't say that I blame her.


Throughout the week leading up to Christmas friends and family stopped by or I met them for lunch, dinner or shopping trips. I would have to say, Saturday turned out to be one of the most precious days. I took my daughter and her friend to the mall to start and finish their shopping (kids ya know!) and then called my very best friend. I wanted to drop his present off to him. I thought I knew where I could find him but he totally surprised me by actually being at the mall, in the bar at Friday's of all places. So I joined him for a bit of holiday cheer and delivered his present. Then he still had shopping to do so we joined forces and shopped most of the afternoon, we had just done this a few days before, but for some reason our moods and attitudes were a bit different on Saturday! We had such a good time. It was one of those precious times I will always treasure and am thinking perhaps it will just have to become our holiday tradition.



Mostly, this year, Christmas came within my heart via kids, friends and family - what truly matters most.

No comments: