Wednesday, December 27, 2006

A new computer!!!



My Christmas present to myself arrived yesterday. It was a very exciting event. I bought myself a new laptop! I didn't expect it until the end of the week but when I checked on the status yesterday I was told it would be delivered yesterday! I was such a happy girl!

Of course, the big concern was when it got here I needed help getting it set up. My computer geek bud had already promised he would do it for me - but my problem was I wasn't sure how we were going to get this arranged, its not like he lives next door or anything. I called him when I got home with it...he was busy and said he would call me back. You have to know me and how impatient I can be. A box with my name on it, my new computer inside and all of those buttons. I just like to push buttons because they say to do so. He and I both knew full well if I was left alone with it long enough I was going to push a button...

My daughter needed to go in town, her cell phone was acting up. So I was like sure, no problem, this will keep me out of trouble... We are not halfway into town when my cell phone rings and Mr. Computer is on the other end wanting to know where I am...I tell him on my way to town...he tells me he is in my driveway, of course I don't believe him because he never indicated that he would be in my neck of the woods yesterday...something about wanting to surprise me, hehehe... so I tell him to go on in...the box is on the sofa...my daughter and I proceed to town and get her phone fixed with me being Mz. Impatient about wanting to get back home and she was wanting to hang out with her friends, so we compromise and I drop her off at her friends' house and then I finally go back home. Mr. Computer is working dilligently away on my beautiful computer and I am a happy girl.

I guess you can tell its all set up and operational and I am just so excited. It really was a good thing he was nearby, otherwise, I would have done something wrong...We deal with technical issues over the phone quite often and I am just button happy and we have to keep starting over because if it says click here, finish or next....well of course....anyhow....I HAVE A NEW COMPUTER!


And a huge thank you to my own personal Computer Tech~ ;)

1 comment:

Bob G. said...

Jess:
Just make sure that the onboard battery is not of those "smoking specials"...'K?

B.G.