Monday, November 10, 2008

The Lego King



I live with the 9 yr old Lego King. We have 1000s of legos everywhere. All kinds of kits that he has built. He is now into the Mars Mission line of legos. My sister and brother-in-law just bought him the deluxe, special edition Mars Mission set for helping them work on their home in Marion that they are getting ready to put on the market. (My sister had sold it on land contract and got it back in a shambles.) And my son has been going down with them and painting and working and has earned a couple of lego sets. Not to mention the overnight stay at a hotel with a swimming pool.


So last night when he returned from a weekend at his dad's his brand new Mars Mission lego set was here. I had to pry him away from it to get him to bed. He has a tendency to just get lost in the project and stay with it until its complete. This morning I went upstairs at 6:45 to get his sister up for coop and then school, and he popped out of bed wanting to know if he can work on his legos. I made him take his shower, eat breakfast and get dressed for school first because he will now work on this until the very last minute that he can before the bus comes at 8:30.

I do love watching him work on these kits though, not the typical male species, he sorts the pieces and follows the instructions step by step. He used to do this with the Bionocles and Transformers before he could even read! What a kid.

3 comments:

Katie@ThisCrazyLife said...

I love legos! I can't wait till my little guy is old enough for them!

Bob G. said...

Even at MY age (um...56, but don't pass it around), I like LEGOS.
Always have.
Always will.

I have to post my mini-figures someday soon.
It's good therapy (yeah, that's it...therapy) for my arthritic hands...and ok, it's STILL fun as all get out.

There's an idea...a LEGO coffin...for "my" future...!
(how morbid..but cool)

Gonna need a few more pall-bearers to carry THAT weight...LOL!

;)

John B. Kalb said...

I see a future Purdue Civil Engineering student! Keep encourageing him. We need thinking, active technical people to enable our kids to survive in the future - we sure aren't leaving them a good financial foundation! Maybe we can turn things starting in two years - after the failure of the incoming "progressives".