Thursday, November 13, 2008

PLaYinG aGaiN

OK. Yes I have been goofing off tonight and revamping my blog. I wanted to change it over to a Christmas Background but I fear if I go too holidayish I might get busy and it could be stuck on a Christmas tree background or something until next April, and well, that would just be embarassing. But I think this at least looks kind of wintery and we know I like changing things up. The plus side to this revamping the blog thing is that I am not moving furniture and it kind of gives the same "high" I get from rearranging a room. Which you would be surprised at just how often I do that. Problem is, I tend to get hurt when I decide to move furniture, revamping a blog is relatively painless!

So on to another similar topic. I am loving my home office. One day soon I will blog about my entire ordeal with the arched window in my office that lets in too much light in the early mornings. It was a painful and frustrating ordeal that I am just not quite ready or able to completely put into words, but I will one day soon, I might even take pictures.......mebbe not.

Working at home is great. The kids have commented on how much better my mood is. You see, I can do laundry all day while I am working...and I am getting caught up on that and I can start dinner and have a decent meal with my kids in the evening. Without being totally stressed out. When they get home from school, I try to be at a point in my work where I can just stop and talk with them about their day. It is so cool, you have no idea. I have a comfy leather loveseat and chair with ottoman in my office and they just kick back and talk my ears off. The biggest problem is reminding them to quiet down when the phone rings, it is after all a business phone. But we are working on that.

During the day, I get to choose what music I want to listen to. Very way cool. I keep the tv off, I am afraid I would just be drawn into the other room to watch it. Besides I can get my news updates and blog fixes online as I work, I quite often have my laptop over to the side with messenger on while I am busy working on the other computer, this way I still feel like I am in touch with the outside world and it dings me when I get an email. And the cool thing is if its cold and dreary and I want to stay in my pajamas I can. So far I haven't though, I make an effort to get my shower and get dressed and be in the office and working by 8. (I have been coming in early every day so far!)

I have to give an honorable mention to Katie at This Crazy Life Because I have taken so much from her blog and learned so much from her blog. (Did I mention that I have known this munchkin since she was a baby? I used to babysit this wonderful kid!) I have found some other really incredible blogs that I am dying to link to, but I don't want to look like a stalker or something. I did add My Charming Kids because its awesome, warning, I was reduced to tears. Katie has some other really cool links for adoptive families that are also very heartwarming. But speaking of Katie, I haven't seen or heard from her since I emailed her the buckeye recipe, methinks she is lost in her kitchen!

4 comments:

Sheri said...

Good for you! Sounds like a good situation for you. I'm pleased to hear (read) you so happy.

Katie@ThisCrazyLife said...

No I am not lost in my kitchen, just digging myself out of a grave. I ended up getting the flu and I kind of disappeared from the world for a few days. That and I have been working on a BIG Christmas blog carnival idea that I really hope you will participate in. It's right up your alley, I just know it! I am so very excitied about the buckeye recipe and I will post about them whenever I get around to making them. Don't worry, I am totally a blog stalker too. Oh and am I really still a kid or a munckin in your eyes? You are too funny!

Bob G. said...

GRG:
About that arched window that lets in too much light...can help you out there with three words:
TIE-BACK DRAPES

And NO, I don't have a lisp...LOL!

;)

B.G.
(you have to post some shots of this office in all it's glory...just so we can be envious)

Sheri said...

Tag you're it.