Saturday, November 22, 2008

Small Fryday Contest!??!??!??!

I have a confession to make. I am turning into a blog junkie. Wait. No. You already knew that. I have been a blog junkie for quite some time. In the past few months, I expanded my horizons somewhat and discovered facebook, then through facebook I discovered some old friends.

One very near and dear to my heart friend that I had lost contact with...Miss Katie at This Crazy Life has been a Godsend to me. I used to babysit this little girl and once I found her blog I read the whole thing in one night and caught up on a lot of her life that I missed once I married. Through Katie I have found several other refreshing blogs that have mysteriously worked together the renew my faith in God, which is something I needed desperately as I continue my struggles as a single mom with an ex-husband who is playing with the hearts and minds of our precious children.

With Katie being much younger than me, somehow I feel I have almost slipped into a role of a somewhat older and wiser mom who can offer reassurance to Katie and some of her other bloggy friends. With three kids, I have "been there and done that"! I think some of my most valuable advice thus far would just have to be the duct tape for boys diapers, as long as you are careful not to get the tape onto the skin! ;)

Anyway, the reason for this post is another blog that I found through Katie and I have followed it for 3 months or so.... is My Charming Kids on this wonderful blog you will find the wonderful story of a miracle. You will see and learn first hand the power of prayer. I cannot tell you the many wonderful ways MckMama and her family have touched my heart and relit the candle inside of me. She will never know how truly grateful I am to her. You really need to check this one blog out if you do nothing else, your heart will be forever engraved with her words and her beautiful family. MckMama is hosting a contest to draw more visitors to her blog, and this is so unlike me, but I am on this bandwagon...

I know some think of us bloggers as foolish and think we are lost in the cyber world, but I have to tell you, when I am at work each day and take my breaks, I take a blog break rather than a smoke break - so you tell me, how healthy is that!?!?!?! My blog has enriched my life by giving me a place to not only vent, but to learn what things in this life I am truly passionate about, by revealing myself to others, I have revealed my true self to me, and it is refreshing to know what I stand for and what I believe and what I want in this life for my kids and for myself. I have learned I am not alone in my beliefs and there others out there who just get it!

So please, take a moment and visit MckMama, You will not ever regret it.

1 comment:

Katie@ThisCrazyLife said...

You are so sweet! And you are not the only blog addict out there! My recent va-cay from it has proven that to me! I am so glad to have re-connected with you too! I was just over on Facebook and was getting a little worried about K. Am I just over-reacting or reading too much into stuff? I feel like a surrogate big sister to her even though I haven't seen her in years! Hey, changing her diapers gives me that privledge right? I certainly consider you more of a big sister than a friend. If there is something going on give me a call. I may not be that much younger than you but I did the high school thing not too long ago, I totally remember what it was like!