Thursday, January 17, 2008

Pink Tulips



Pink tulips are my most favorite flowers. I went to Wally World tonight to pick up some things for my son to take to school tomorrow for his birthday treat, he will be nine on Sunday. Well believe it or not, right there in the flower case was pink tulips. I stopped and looked at them a long time. My son asked why I was looking at them and I told him because I love them. He said well why don't you get them. I was like na, I don't need them.

So we went on our way and had to make a trip through the toy aisle so he could be sure that he knew that I knew exactly what he wants for his birthday. He asked me again to get the tulips for myself. And again, I said I didn't need them. On we traveled to the food section and got fruit roll ups, gold fish crackers and capri sun juice bags. On to the checkout.

He said to me that he wasn't going to leave the store til I got my flowers and he would give me his own money to pay for them when we got home. I said I will just buy them for myself to celebrate having such a wonderful son. He liked that and I did too. So, I have pink tulips in a vase on my fireplace mantle tonight and an adorable almost 9 year old son upstairs in his bed asleep.

No comments: