Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Saying goodbye to the old year


2007 was not the best year ever, nor was it the worst, however it has to be one that I was the most happy to see pass. 2007 was the year it seemed that I lived my life in limbo. I dealt with health issues and career and love issues and it seemed to go no where for the longest time.
The health issues were the hardest to deal with. And they for the most part overshadowed everything else. I just didn't feel well enough most of the time to worry about any of the rest. You truly can have everything in your life, but if you don't have good health, you pretty much got nothing. A hard lesson learned. Back in October I experienced a wonderful day when I was able to go for a long walk outside on a crisp day and breathe in deep the fresh air and not feel pain. It really was a glorious day. It was also when I picked myself up by the bootstraps and told myself to get it together and get back in the game.
By November I knew I was going to take the opportunity my mother presented to me and I am going to be an appraiser. I am truly the loving the work I am now doing and love learning more each day. I feel a purpose there and a true career for me. This is going to sound really silly, but I feel like a real grown up now.
I still have a few health issues, but they are getting better each day, my kids are doing great and we have a good family life and I have a good relationship with each of them. My truck wannabe is in the body shop and is going to be ok once it gets 5k of work done on it. It's like the energizer bunny, it just keeps going and going.
Obviously 2007 was a year I had to endure in order to pull myself together to face all that is ahead of me and enjoy and embrace each and every day.
My wish for all is to find true happiness and hold the ones most dear to you, the closest to you, never let them doubt whether they matter to you, reassure them as often as you can.
Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Sheri said...

Warm wishes for a new yaer filled weith everything you want . . . and some things you don't know you need.