Sunday, August 5, 2007

The gourd that ate my house, part one...






Last fall when I had the kids clear away the pumpkins and gourds to make way for the Christmas stuff, apparently, a gourd was left behind. When we were out pulling weeds and discovered this little plant coming to life, my youngest son was sure it was a pumpkin vine and would not let me pull it out.




Now each time it rains, I swear you can stand at the door and watch it grow, each day, it just keeps stretching out further and further...it has overtaken the bush beside it and is climbing up the window. I reroute it quite frequently to keep it off the sidewalk somewhat and try to keep it out of the yard so my oldest son doesn't mow over it to tick off the youngest son.



The thing is, its gourds not pumpkin, upon close inspection this weekend it was discovered there are at least 19 gourds growing on this thing, hanging from the bush and my window too! Its turning into a monster, hehehe.
















No comments: