Wednesday, August 8, 2007

I cannot believe this



Tuesday, August 21st will be the first day of school for my kids. I took my two oldest to the high school for registration yesterday and registered my youngest one at the elementary school this morning. Summer is coming to a close and I've not yet ridden the jet skis. My oh my.

I was informed today at registration that the first day of school will be an early dismissal. You've got to be kidding me, talk about creating more chaos than necessary. I asked the reasoning behind this and it seems the school system installed new computer databases over the summer. They have offered training all summer long to the employees of the school system, but for various reasons, vacations, summer school, etc., not all were able to attend. SO.........Since attendance, grades, everything is kept on these computers, they have to complete the training the first day to get everyone up to speed. My opinion? Perhaps the teachers shoud have their first day of school on Monday, before school starts. Duh!

No comments: