Monday, August 27, 2007

Mind over matter


Yesterday I posted about finally getting back on the jet ski. It really was an accomplishment. As Sheri commented earlier today, I have struggled with health issues since last November actually. As recently as last week I saw yet another surgeon who is contemplating more surgery after I finish my current dosage of antibiotics. I left his office very frustrated and waited a day or so and took on a whole new attitude. Instead of waiting on the all clear from the doctors to let me start living my life again, I have decided to take on the mind over matter attitude and go forward with my life!
In the past few days I have accomplished so many things, (yes I am quite proud of myself) it just feels good to be back in the game again. I am noticing some of the more icky things the doctor told me to look out for that could indicate I will need another surgery, but at this point, I am not sure if I want to go that route. If I can continue with my mind of matter attitude and accomplish more and more each day, it seems to me I might be back to good sooner rather than later!

No comments: