Monday, August 27, 2007

The gourd that ate my house...


I haven't put any new pictures up for almost a week, I had to get a new battery for my camera. The storms on Thursday night knocked the plant off of my window. Well that combined with the weight of the gourds most likely. It was kind of disappointing to all of us to see it knocked away from the window. However tonight when I was out looking at it, there is a whole other part of it heading for the window! So it will be fun to watch again. I counted the gourds and there are 49! A few weeks ago a friend of mine counted 19. There are still a whole bunch of blooms coming on this plant indicating even more gourds. I am checking with the Guiness Book of World Records and getting this plant registered for my son. I don't know if it will make it or not, but it would be very exciting for him if it does.

No comments: