Friday, August 24, 2007

What a storm early this morning....

So last night as I was entangled in one of my late night phone conversations, it started raining just a bit before 10:30, then the thunder and lightning came, once while on the phone lightning struck so close it made my phone cut out a tad bit, and a nearby car alarm was going off from the crack of thunder that followed. Probably 15 minutes later lightning struck again and took out all of the power, this time it was so loud it woke up my oldest son, (the other two sleepyheads slept right through it)! So with no power I was disconnected from my late night chat with my best friend, no problem, the conversation was switched to my cell phone - hehehe. Thank God for modern technology!

The storm raged on, the power stayed out about two hours and I was really glad that I had charged my cell phone earlier in the evening. The absolute miracle of the storm was the speakerphone option was employed by both on this on this marathon conversation and the result was we can talk much longer without our ears or wrists getting tired from the phone! So as inconvenient as the storm was, I think it may have been a blessing in disguise! Not even my daughter can hold a candle to me when it comes to marathon phone conversations!

No comments: