Saturday, August 25, 2007

Suzy Q Homemaker reporting in



My O My. My 15 yr old son has turned into the bottomless pit. I hit a point of total exasperation today when he filled a dixie cup full of peanut butter for a snack today. Yesterday he cooked three whole chicken breasts for a snack just before he was going to Grandma's for a steak dinner. I intercepted the chicken snack and think I am going to make up chicken salad with it.

We went to Aldi's and filled the cupboards with generic staples that the kids like. Then we went to Jone's in Leesburg and got the good meat and stocked up the freezer a bit. I also bought about 8 pounds of grapes and cleaned them and put them in snack bags and froze them. My kids love frozen grapes for a snack. I have to be honest, I do too. Then I bought 3 dozen ears of corn at Sweet Corn Charlies and cooked it all up and cut it off the cob and froze ten packages that will be perfect with evening meals. My grandmother used to have a similar corn cutter like the one pictured here, but I don't, I just used a knife. When I was a kid we used to put up corn like crazy, I swore I would never do it again and now look at me. Hehehe....

I know if I was a really good blogger I would have taken pictures of the grapes and the corn and put them on here for you to see, but I am shfizzled out....

No comments: