Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Blogging


It's been less than a year since I first met AWB. One of the first things I learned about him was that he blogged. He gave me a link to his blog and I read through it. I was rather shocked at some of his posts and his "out there" attitude. I still found it to be intriguing however.
I continued to read his blog and click on links to other blogs and became more interested in it. I finally decided I wanted to try blogging, but I didn't want him to know at first. So I went to the Yahoo 360 page and started my own blog. I had fun with it. I found it to be nothing more than a journal really. But I also found it refreshing that I could rant and rave on any topic I wanted. Then I started getting comments and discussions started forming and I realized I was learning to really look at all sides of any given subject.
I have always considered myself to be an easy person to talk to with the gift of gab on my side. Some issues, I was not and still am not very well-versed on, so I would be a bit more quiet on such topics.
So I finally got comfortable with the blog thing and found the blogger site and figured out how to get my own blog started. I was actually quite proud of myself and finally directed AWB to it. He immediately went to work on it and started adding all kinds of things to it for me. And then, I was officially hooked.
Something I have noticed about me and this blogging thing...I have become very aware of the world around me. I think I used to live in my own little bubble. But now I find myself surfing newspapers online and news services looking for stories of interest to blog about. As you know, I also blog on Angry White Boy and sometimes I stay up late at night trying to find a good news story and get it posted before anyone else does!
There are many critics out there about blogs, but I personally have become much more aware of the world around me, I have learned to state my opinions and stick by them or back down if someone shows me why my views are skewed. Everyone has a right to what they believe, there have been a couple of times when I have let my feelings get hurt, but when I brush myself off and jump back in, I realize it is ok for me to believe what I believe, as long as I am at peace with myself. Blogging is a good thing!

2 comments:

Tim Zank said...

Keep on blogging Lucy!! It's invigorating isn't it?

Anonymous said...

Hi Lucy! I've been reading Dan's various named sites for a while now. I found your site through his and have read your ideas and thoughts from time to time as well. I just wanted to say hello and tell you to keep up the good work. I don't ALWAYS agree with him either, though I do more often than not. And I agree, the blogospere is a blessing.