Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Christmas Is Over!

It came two and a half weeks ago. The same date as always. December 25. Christmas. It's over now. The stores are full of Valentine goodies, decorations, candy, gifts and cards. Christmas clearance items are getting more difficult to find. Why? Because its over!




Tonight when I walked out in my kitchen and looked out the window - my neighbors down the street still had outside Christmas lights on. I can see a house down toward the lake and it had Christmas lights on. My neighbor across the street is still displaying outside lights and the tree is still lit and decorated in their living room window. And the next door neighbor to them still has outside lights on. This is a pet peeve of mine. The longest I have ever kept Christmas lights and decorations up is until New Year's Day, that is the end of my tolerance. This year I was a bit slow and it took me until December 30th and I was also late getting everything out and up this year and never did get any outside lights up this year.

Outside lights are kind of a peeve of mine too, I love them, but my ex husband used to leave them on the house year round, just not turned on. I cured him of that however, I started plugging them back in on Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, Easter, Memorial Day, birthdays, etc... The lights finally came down. But then, they never went back up, not sure who won that battle???

My point? Am I supposed to have one? (hehehe) No its just that Christmas is over, its time to put the stuff away until next year, that is what makes it such a special time of the year!





No comments: