Wednesday, January 31, 2007

One of The Best Days Ever


Finally. Yesterday we had a snow day. It was the first one this school year. Last year we had one in December. When that happened last year, it was cool, but we had just moved into our neighborhood and my kids didn't know many of the other kids yet. The end of the day last year ended with a game of football in our yard and the kids had met many of the other neighborhood kids.
Yesterday, the kids I could not get out of bed were suddenly up, running around, bundling up and heading out the door. There were neighbor kids in and out with them all day long. I think I made hot chocolate by the gallon! I did manage to get some work done but I also took time out to play.
I made my very own snow angel and went over to the hill and did a little sledding! My kids always crack up when dear old mom becomes a kid too! But it was fun. We mananged to make a few snowballs and toss a few back and forth, but we just couldn't pack the fluffy stuff enough to make a snowman. Ah well....
My daughter, Miss Priss spent most of the day inside and grumbled when someone would come in and get a bit of snow on the floor for her to step in. We even got both cats outside in the snow for a bit, Mercedes loved it and rolled in it, Mulligan ran back in the house as fast as he could.
We took a break in the afternoon and dug out the movie "Snow Day" which was the point where I finally got some work done! The boys were devastated when they made the discovery that we were out of microwave popcorn. The world ended there. Until dear old mom showed them how to really pop popcorn. You know like we did in the old days before microwaves...on the stove in a big pan with a lid. They swore it was the best popcorn they ever had!!!
The highlight of the day? When my youngest sat in my lap before bedtime and told me it was "the best day ever!"

No comments: